Where do I begin...

 It's been a while since I've posted anything here, so where do I begin with all the updates?

Maiden Voyage

We lost Bill last year. We lost John as well. Bill was our Adrian and he passed away after a couple of years of health battles. John, who played the Steve role, was transferred for work to Colorado. The result is we had to find new guitar and bass players and get them up to speed. I think we're ready for gigs again. I'm still playing the Dave parts and trying to hold it all together as the other guys learn the songs we had down previously.

Praise Band

Not a whole lot new there. Singers come and go, but that's just the nature of being in a volunteer worship leadership position. I think we've made some great gains when it comes to singing recently, though. Still playing 4 strings and having fun with it.

Pop Band

The pop band I was in is currently on pause. Our drummer, Dan, was lost in an auto accident recently, and rehearsal space was expensive, so we're taking a short break to gather our thoughts before moving on. We've had so much turnover over the past couple of years that it feels like it may never really take off. Bill was also formerly in this one (he started it, actually), then we've had a few bass players, a few guitar players, a few singers and we may finally have the bass / guitar / singing combo on solid ground, but now we'll need to audition drummers again and get an updated song list together since the drummer was singing a couple of tunes and doing a lot of backup vocals. We haven't talked all that much about a band name as it never seems to get that far before a lineup change.

Prog Band

Yes, I am also in a prog band. We're something along the lines of Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater hybrid with a hint of some other influences. I'm playing 7 string bass under the 7, 8 and 9 string guitars. The drummer from the pop band was also the drummer here, but we're starting to work with a new drummer again. We still have hopes of being show ready this Summer and possibly getting an EP or album recorded later this year. We're also close to deciding on a name, too. I hope to announce that soon.

Looking forward

Lots of potential is what I see when I look forward. If we can get a couple of these projects going, I should be plenty busy with gigs. Until then, I'll keep practicing, learning some new covers, writing some new riffs and trying to be the best Dave I can be. How about you? What's your past year looked like musically?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yii multiple select dropdownlist with default values

May 2021 updates

Been getting busy