Ultra Long Passwords

Matt was reading his weekly Woot email today and had to send me a link to this support article about an error that had surfaced.
Your password must be at least 18770 characters and cannot repeat any of your previous 30689 passwords. Please type a different password. Type a password that meets these requirements in both text boxes.
Well, if I saw that error and had to choose a new password, I'd have to begin it with 1hat3m1cr0s0ft4mak1ngm3ch00s3th1sr3a11y10ngpa55w0rd (translates to "I hate Microsoft for making me choose this really long password" - for those that don't speak l33t). After that, it's anyone's guess.

Before someone starts calling me out, yes I know that this isn't supposed to be an interactive password, and that the encryption process makes them much longer than what you type in. But the error message doesn't exactly state that this is the case, so my password would have to start with that.

If enough people actually chose a password that long, they could spend all day logging in and never get any work done. I just hope they showed up a few hours before schedule if they have to clock in on their PC... and don't even think about leaving for lunch - you'd never get clocked back in before you're late returning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yii multiple select dropdownlist with default values

May 2021 updates

Been getting busy