I'm a guitaraholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I'm on the road to buy another guitar. I'm also most likely looking for another pedal, cord, speaker, amp, pick, strap, case, rack mount gear, lighting and maybe even some recording or production software.
I started developing a mobile site for our local contractor customers yesterday. We'll see how it does, but so far I've managed to find a neat tool to view what it'll look like. Actually, you can view any site in it as it would be viewed in Opera Mini.
For someone developing a site and not wanting to use a mobile device constantly to test it, this is great. Now, I just need to figure out what I want to show them for sure.
Last week, I mentioned I had another audition. It went fine, I suppose. I was asked to come back next week and they were all pretty excited to have "low end" in their sound again.
That's the good stuff. Now for the not so good.
I wasn't a fan of anything they were playing. For me to really be happy in a band, I need to first off be a fan. It just wasn't easy to listen to with the songs changing keys from D minor to F minor to Eb minor to C# minor to E minor to C minor all in the same song. Yes, that's everything chromatically from C to F in one song done as key changes. The rhythm guitar and keys changed that much, but the lead seemed to be stuck in the same scale the whole day.
I didn't feel any of it as a result. I admit, I sometimes write stuff that's sketchy theory wise, but it's usually for a reason (adding some tension, transitioning, etc.) and not just because we had played four bars in one key already so it was time to change. Mark taught …
Ok, time for another kit. This one is currently being called Castle, and the progress should reveal why in a few weeks. But, for now, it's pretty bare.
A pretty basic bass body shape, 2 pickup cavities and a control cavity. Nothing too exciting.
Headstock is stained to look somewhat worn and nasty. Not what most people want in a finish, but it'll match the personality of this one quite well.
The back of the neck reveals more of that "worn out" look. I might have made it too smooth and gotten a gloss, but it'll play better that way while still looking generally dirty and grimy. The best part about a finish like this is that I won't need to worry about cleaning it up after playing each time. Any grime or grit I get on it will just match the finish.
Once again, I fell into a trap. I saw something fun and just had to have it.
While I don't have a specific use, I believe these will be great on some of the songs I'm recording recently. I'm doing one with keys, a bit of guitar, and a cello, so some congas seem like they'll be a great addition to that mix. Full drum set seems like it could be overkill for a pretty simple song.
The more I toy around with them, the more ideas I get. Sometimes, it's good to think outside of the "norm".