Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3

I've had a few days off for some testing, and that gave me some time to reflect on what I'm doing and what I had hoped to accomplish by this point of my life.

I never really got into the usual hero type hopes as a kid. I rarely, if ever, dreamed of being a police officer, firefighter or in the military. My dreams were much different.

I wanted to be a mad scientist. I even enrolled in ChemE at UNL, which I didn't realize until recently was part of that mad scientist dream. But as I started taking those classes, I realized I didn't really have anything I wanted to do with that career path... I just thought it sounded interesting (I was wrong there) and I had heard it paid well.

Along I went into Management Training at Radio Shack. That was pretty short lived, too. I realized that the 70 - 80 hour weeks that were expected at the time for under $20k/year salary as a starting manager wasn't really what I wanted, and I ended up getting kicked out shortly before completing that program. When I lose the dream, I can't even pretend to like things.

So that brings me to where I am now. I'm considered an SEO Authority by many, I work for a growing dotCom company that survived the dot Bomb fiasco, and I have a great wife and 2 wonderful boys. I even have a startup that I put my dad in charge of, just because it sounded like fun. If you haven't seen it already, it's a social bargain hunting site based on pligg.

But how does that match my goals in life? well, I guess what I most wanted was some respect within an industry. That's occurred within both the power tool industry and the SEO community. I guess that means I'm a success, even if I get left feeling like I want to do more. I've got some ideas, so I'll see which of them comes to life first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yii multiple select dropdownlist with default values

May 2021 updates

Been getting busy