My first guitar build

Since posting about my most recent guitar build, I've been getting questions about what my first build was. Here's the kit, still in the box.


As you can see, it's just a mess of parts in a bag with a few pieces taking up the majority of the box.


The body was made to look similar to an Ibanez Jem, although materials weren't the same. Still, it was the look I was wanting to attain.


Before doing any finish work, here's a view of it assembled. The finish didn't turn out how I wanted on this one, so I am planning on redoing it soon. I was trying one of those fancy swirl finishes, but the paint wouldn't float and it ended up running quite a bit, making for some bubbles and drips. It's not all that pretty, but it was my first attempt.

As for playability, it's not awful. The neck feels more like a Gibson than an Ibanez, though. The bridge is ok, but not the greatest. The electronics are adequate, but if I were going to play it much I would be swapping those out for some Duncans or EMG's. As it is, I keep it hidden most of the time.

I think I'll try out my airbrush on it next time and see what I can do that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yii multiple select dropdownlist with default values

May 2021 updates

Been getting busy