Easily Installing Perl, PHP, and Apache in Windows

For many developers, running a simple web server on a windows box would simplify things a lot. I've been asked many times how to do that best. Well, my answer has been the same for a while now: use Indigo.


Indigo Perl installs Apache as a service with PHP and Perl support. You can install this right to your Windows workstation and be off and running in a few minutes. No more uploading a file and saying "Oops" when there's a typo. Install it and view your site on your own PC before you FTP the files up to your web server.

I've installed this on a few Windows servers as well for some Intranet apps. It sure beats manually configuring things to run Perl, since that's the language I program almost everything in. Yep, I'm old school, but that's mostly linked to my past as a Unix sysadmin. Wow... that makes me really old school.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you tried other WAMP distributions?

I use the Web-Developer Server Suite.
Brian Mark said…
I haven't tried too many others.

To be honest, we've moved to VMWare lately in our office, so that makes for a much closer dev environment to what our actual web servers are. Thanks for the link, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Yii multiple select dropdownlist with default values

May 2021 updates

Been getting busy